THE VERDICT is in - this week's first episode is all about controversy and argument, based on the announcement of the panelists taking part. Billed as "some of Australia's finest minds" the announced group appear more engineered to create conflict than thought.
But people agreeing isn't what makes TV that rates.
On the first episode of The Verdict, recorded just hours before broadcast, Chair Karl Stefanovic will be joined by:
- Mark Latham - former federal Labor leader and stay at home dad
- Sandy Rea - criminal psychologist
- Senator Jacqui Lambie - Independent Tasmanian Senator
- Campbell Brown– former Australian Rules footballer
- Jamila Rizvi – Editor-in-Chief of the Mamamia Network of websites
- Anne Henderson- Deputy Director of The Sydney Institute and editor of The Sydney Papers and co-editor of The Sydney Institute Quarterly.
- Dr. Anne Aly- Australian political scholar, academic and counter-terrorism expert
Covering a range of topics including: should sports stars guilty of a crime be allowed back on the field and why does a teenager turn into a terrorist?
All interactive elements are available at Nine's catch up app/website 9Jumpin.com.au.
LIKE The Verdict on Facebook
FOLLOW @TheVerdict9 on Twitter and
The Verdict premieres on Nine 8:40pm Thu 8 October 2015.