The adrenaline fuelled and action packed, driving franchise, Fast & Furious, is the latest in a string of pop-up channels coming to Foxtel Movies subscribers in July.
Foxtel’s popular pop-up channels have become a unique addition to the Foxtel Movies line up, and the upcoming Fast & Furious weekend is sure to thrill die-hard fans and new comers alike. All seven of the blockbuster movies will race to channel 400 starting from 6am on Friday 8 July and will screen back-to-back, crossing the finish line on Monday morning 11 July.
Known for its daring races, street chases, heists and turbo-charged hot-rods, Fast & Furious took to screens in 2001 with the first movie The Fast and The Furious, which created an incredible fan base and spawned an additional six sequels.
Based against a backdrop of undercover investigations, underworld street crime and illegal street dragging, Fast & Furious stars some of the biggest names in Hollywood action including Vin Diesel (Dominic Toretto); Chad Lindberg (Jesse); Michelle Rodriguez (Letty Ortiz); Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson); Elsa Pataky (Elena Neves) and the late Paul Walker (Brian O’Conner), who all show off their amazing driving skills and tough street talk across the film series.
The Fast & Furious pop-up channel will be available in HD to Foxtel Platinum and Foxtel Movies subscribers on channel 400 and features all seven high-octane films, including:
· The Fast and the Furious (2001) – Street racer Dominic Toretto (Vin Diesel) falls under the suspicion of the LAPD as a string of truck robberies rocks L.A. Brian O'Connor (Paul Walker), an undercover cop, joins Toretto's racing crew to take him down only to find himself taken in by this new world. As a rival racing crew gains strength, O'Connor must decide where his loyalties lie.
· 2 Fast 2 Furious (2003) – Now an ex-LAPD cop, Brian teams up with his ex-con friend Roman Pearce (Tyrese Gibson) and works with undercover U.S. Customs Service agent Monica Fuentes (Eva Mendes) to bring down Miami-based drug lord Carter Verone (Cole Hauser).
· The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006) – American teenager Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) challenges a high school rival to an illegal street race, and ends up totalling his car. To avoid jail time he’s sent to Tokyo to live with his father and, as soon as he arrives, discovers a new dangerous way of street racing in the underworld streets of Tokyo.
· Fast & Furious (2009) – Now a fugitive ex-con Dom Toretto reignites his feud with agent Brian O'Connor, but the two are forced to confront a shared enemy and give in to an uncertain new trust if they hope to outmanoeuvre him. Convoy heists and daring tunnel crawls across international lines push their skills to the limits as the two men drive on with their quest for revenge.
· Fast Five (2011) – Brian and Dom team up again as Dom’s sister Mia (Jordana Brewster) breaks Dom out of custody and escapes across international lines only to find themselves backed into a corner in Rio de Janeiro. Their key to freedom rests in pulling off one last job. With their elite team of racers, they know their only shot of getting out for good means confronting the corrupt businessman who wants them dead while slipping away from hard-nosed federal agent Luke Hobbs (Dwayne Johnson) who is out to bring them down.
· Fast & Furious 6 (2013) – After toppling the kingpin’s empire in Rio in Fast Five Dom, Brian and their crew have scattered across the globe having split their latest $100 million take among them; only, everyone’s anxious to get back home after life on the run. Meanwhile Hobbs is tracking another group of mercenary drivers and knows the only way to stop them is to cut a deal with Brian and Dom. The deal? Full pardons so the crew can finally go home, but only if they can out match the mercenary team.
· Fast & Furious 7 (2015) – Hoping they’d left their criminal life in the past, Dom and his crew have gone separate ways only to be hunted down by someone out for revenge. Worse still, they cross paths with terrorists out to steal a computer terrorism program that can turn any technology into a weapon. Dom brings the team back together to save the day only to find themselves in a power struggle between the terrorists and the US government.
In addition to the Fast & Furious pop up movies channel, subscribers can enjoy Foxtel Movies when and where they want both live or in Anytime (on demand) with an internet connected iQ box. For customers without an internet connected iQ box, Foxtel’s Fast & Furious pop up movies can be recorded to a Foxtel iQ set top box and played back at their convenience.
For customers not on the Foxtel Platinum or Foxtel Movies subscription all films will be available to rent via the Foxtel Store.
Customers must subscribe to the Foxtel Movies tier in their residential pack. Available on internet enabled and connected Foxtel iQ STUs. Not available on all channels/programming. ISP and data charges may apply. Some services not available to all homes.
Customers must subscribe to the HD pack to watch in HD. SD also available for non HD customers on channel 240 on iQ2 and iQ3 and channel 400 for non-HD iQ1 set top boxes.