SKY NEWS LIVE debuts its 2017 line-up from Monday featuring more locally produced LIVE news and national affairs programs than ever before, setting the agenda and driving the national conversation like no other.
Throughout the year SKY NEWS will air close to 100 special LIVE outside broadcasts from more than 25 locations across the country starting with Morwell in Victoria, the Sunshine Coast in QLD and then WA.
New to SKY NEWS in 2017:
The Morning Shift, weekdays at 9:30am: Led by SKY NEWS political reporter Tom Connell, The Morning Shift will be anchored each day by four members of the SKY NEWS family including Ashleigh Gillon, guaranteeing fresh perspectives and a lively discussion of the news as it breaks.
Richo, Fridays from February 3 at 8:00pm: Australia’s ultimate political insider Graham Richardson returns bringing his unique insights into a range of the day’s topics, not just politics.
Paul Murray LIVE, Monday-Thursdays 9:00pm – 11:00pm: extends to two hours a day Monday to Thursday from 9:00pm. PML Overtime gives Paul a second hour to extend the debate and the analysis, covering the stories that you might have missed.
In 2016 Paul Murray took the Federal Election to the people, broadcasting LIVE during the campaign from 16 regional locations across the country. In 2017, Paul continues his journey to tell the stories of local heroes and highlight the ground level concerns of the country communities he visits.
Paul said: “Hitting the road like this is the best part of my job - to hear what people are saying and send it all over the country. This year, we’ll do that more than we ever have. I can’t wait to say G’day to as many people as we can.”
Joined by SKY NEWS Political Reporter for the People Caroline Marcus, Paul kicked off his roadshow in the lead up to Australia Day LIVE from Manilla and Tamworth in NSW. His next stop will be the Sunshine Coast in QLD on Thursday February 23. Paul Murray LIVE will broadcast LIVE from the Maroochy RSL from 9:00pm (AEDT) with local people encouraged to be part of the audience by registering to firstname.lastname@example.org
SKY NEWS LIVE ‘THE PEOPLE’S AGENDA’
Flagship programs First Edition and AM Agenda anchored by SKY NEWS Chief Political Reporter Kieran Gilbert, and PM Agenda anchored by SKY NEWS Political Editor David Speers will head out of Canberra each month to better inform the SKY NEWS audience of the issues and challenges facing our towns and suburbs.
The first SKY NEWS LIVE ‘The People’s Agenda’ broadcast will be from Morwell Victoria, with the week-long coverage commencing Monday January 30.
Kieran Gilbert said: “Global trends of falling support for major political parties, including in our recent election, shows that there is a growing divide between what mainstream politicians think people want and what people really want. For me this initiative is about listening to the diverse range of Australian voices, particularly those who we don’t normally have a chance to hear from, on issues that matter to them.”
A special edition of Speers Tonight will see David Speers host a community roundtable where SKY NEWS viewers will hear directly from voters as to what their policy priorities are, the challenges their communities are facing and explore whether the messages coming out of Canberra are resonating.
David Speers said: “Not all wisdom resides with the usual opinion makers. While plenty of politicians and commentators think they know what Australians are thinking, I’m looking forward to hearing directly from those who are too often ignored. By giving a national platform to communities who may be doing it tough and listening to their views, hopefully we can shine a light on the issues being missed in the daily news cycle and find out what messages really are cutting through.”
Heads Up, Monday-Thursdays at 11:00pm: Chris Kenny looks ahead to what will make headlines the following day, with exclusive access to the front pages of the major papers nationally. Featuring interviews with newsmakers on unfolding events and insightful commentary and analysis on where the top stories might track, with plenty of laughs along the way.
Saturday Edition, Saturdays from 7:00am – 10:00am: New signing Caroline Marcus joins Paul Murray and sports anchor Greg Thomson for a feel good start to the weekend with the day’s news, sports, entertainment and weather.
Sunday Edition, Sundays from 7:00am – 8:30am: Kristina Keneally joins Peter van Onselen for a lighter take on the day’s news and politics. Kristina also joins Peter for Sunday Agenda, Sundays at 8:30am.
Outsiders, Sundays at 10:00am: Former Labor leader Mark Latham, former Liberal MP Ross Cameron and editor of The Spectator Australia Rowan Dean, are back to fire up Sunday mornings with their no holds barred observations on the political week that was.
Politics HQ, Sundays from February 5 at 8:00pm: Nick Reece pulls back the curtain on politics, media and culture and explains what is really going on. With guests who are prepared to call it as they see it on politics, policy-making and how the media really works.
SKY NEWS LIVE 2017 Programming Schedule:
· First Edition with Kieran Gilbert and Amy Greenbank (Weekdays at 5:00am)
· AM Agenda with Kieran Gilbert (Weekdays at 8:30am)
· The Morning Shift with Tom Connell and members of the SKY NEWS team (Weekdays at 9:30am)
· PVO NewsDay with Peter van Onselen (Monday – Thursdays from 12:00pm – 4:00pm)
· To the Point with Peter van Onselen and Kristina Keneally (Monday – Thursdays at 1:00pm)
· PM Agenda with David Speers (Monday – Thursdays at 4:00pm)
· The Latest with Laura Jayes (Weeknights at 6:00pm)
· The Bolt Report with Andrew Bolt (Weeknights at 7:00pm)
· Beattie & Reith with Peter Beattie and Peter Reith (Mondays at 8:00pm)
· Jones & Co with Alan Jones and Mark Latham (Tuesdays at 8:00pm)
· Credlin Keneally with Peta Credlin and Kristina Keneally (Wednesdays at 8:00pm)
· Speers Tonight with David Speers (Thursdays at 8:00pm)
· Richo with Graham Richardson (Fridays at 8:00pm)
· Paul Murray LIVE and PML Overtime with Paul Murray (Monday - Thursdays from 9:00pm – 11:00pm)
· Heads Up with Chris Kenny (Monday – Thursdays at 11:00pm)
· NewsDay with Ashleigh Gillon (Fridays from 12:00pm – 4:00pm)
· Pyne & Marles with Christopher Pyne and Richard Marles (Returns Friday February 10 at 1:00pm)
· The Friday Show with Janine Perrett (Fridays at 4:00pm)
· The B Team with Peter Berner (Friday and Saturdays at 9:00pm)
· SportsNight with Luke Doherty (Friday, Saturday and Sundays at 10:00pm)
· Saturday Edition with Paul Murray and Caroline Marcus (Saturdays from 7:00am -10:00am)
· Weekend LIVE with Ahron Young (Saturdays from 10:00am – 2:00pm and Sundays from 11:00pm – 2:00pm)
· Sunday Edition with Peter van Onselen and Kristina Keneally (Sundays from 7:00am – 8:30am)
· Sunday Agenda with Peter van Onselen and Kristina Keneally (Sundays at 8:30am)
· Outsiders with Mark Latham, Ross Cameron and Rowan Dean (Sundays at 10:00am)
· Weekend Agenda with Jim Middleton (Sundays at 4:00pm)
· Karvelas with Patricia Karvelas (Sundays at 7:00pm)
· Politics HQ with Nick Reece (Sundays at 8:00pm)
· The Perrett Report with Janine Perrett (Sundays at 9:00pm)