We're back for episode 2 of TV BlackBox! This week we looked down the back of the couch and found even more to chat about (along with that Apple TV remote we lost a few months ago).
Each week a washed-up TV Producer (Rob McKnight), a TV writer and executive (Dan Bennett), an EMMY award winner (Jay Cagatay) & TV enthusiast and commentator (Steve Molk) take you behind the scenes, wade through the pr spin and launch into the reality that is the Australian television business.
On this episode:
- Is Denise Drysdale really leaving Studio 10 (and what about that brussels sprouts cake)?
- Meghan Markle's family trying to set themselves up as the new Kardashians
- Michael Parkinson's sadness for Billy Connolly
- Netflix Cancels The Break With Michelle Wolf and The Joel McHale Show With Joel McHale
- Ben Roberts goes to war with Fairfax over claims he's got a dark service history
- What will Nine's Darren Wick do once he inherits all of Fairfax's talent, including Alan Jones and Ray Hadley?
- Molk and the panel react to Pilot Week, and we look at your reactions
- "Intern" Pete Deppler talks about his experience of the outrage machine on Disgrace!
- The Honey "Badg-elor" a winner for Ten
- The Today Show sinks to a new ratings low in Melbourne (and Rob shares his suggestions to fix the funk)
- Dan asks if Australian drama has a future
- Jay talks about getting a former playmate in your pilot - and the after party that ensues
TV BlackBox is your weekly source of inside information across all facets of the Australian TV industry.
Find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TVBlackbox/