Settle in for episode four of TV Blackbox - where we have at it on Sunrise's controversy, the Melbourne Cup moving homes, and Kerri-Anne Kennerley joining the team at Studio 10. It's feisty, firey & worth hanging around for (and that's just for starters!).
Each week a washed-up TV Producer (Rob McKnight), a TV writer and executive (Dan Bennett), an EMMY award winner (Jay Cagatay) & TV enthusiast and commentator (Steve Molk) take you behind the scenes, wade through the pr spin and launch into the reality that is the Australian television business.
On this episode:
- NBC allegedly threatened Ronan Farrow if he didn't stop reporting on Weinstein.
- Molk & Rob clash swords on the ACMA ruling over the SUNRISE hot topic segment on the Stolen Generation.
- Ten nabs the MELBOURNE CUP CARNIVAL from Seven.
- Product placement on NEIGHBOURS? Dan talks about the growing opportunity industry.
- Jay lays it down on Celebrities deserving privacy (& the chance to earn a crust outside the entertainment industry).
- In our latest STUDIO 10 segment we talk about KAK joining the team.
- The panel react to underwhelming ratings for Seven's new TAKE ME OUT.
- How are the ratings unpacking for Ten? Good, but not great.
- Dan gives us a guide on what you need to do to pitch your drama to Network TV.
- There's more TV Blackbox mail in the mailbag!
TV BlackBox is your weekly source of inside information across all facets of the Australian TV industry.
Find us on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TVBlackbox/